Draplin vs.America

Assignment 3-Logo Groups

What a week!!! Crazy events unfolded this week, the main one being that my daughter managed to injure herself, a hairline fracture to the tail-bone of all places!?
Anywho, I have a lot to catch up on, so here goes.....

the new assignment, the group logo rendering is the first one on the list of to do's. I was able to get in touch with my group members despite my absence on Tues. The logo I am working on is Peter Behren's logo design for AEG (Allgemeine Elektrizitäts Gesellschaft). A Historic German company producing heavy industrial goods and consumer electronics.
I have to admit, I enjoyed researching the where/why and how the AEG design came to be and its history a lot more than the actual rendering of 'the sum of its parts'.
I would share my findings...but then I would have nothing to talk about during our short presentation! ;-)
Here is the start of my process, after creating a new template from placing the AEG image, cutting the opacity down to some where around 15% or so, opened new document from the template and then begun the rendering process(w/ pen tool)













And heres the end product. Not bad, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment