Draplin vs.America

Create a Gang of Vector Ninjas

  1. using the Circle Tool, I drew a circle on the artboard, I held the Shift key while I did this to create a perfectly symmetrical object.
    then used the Square Tool and drew another shape on the artboard, and positioned this to overlap the original circle.
  1. Using the Align Palette to centre the two shapes horizontally.

  2. next I used the Rounded Rectangle Tool to draw a small leg. Adjusting the roundness of the corners with the keyboard cursor keys until I had the ends completely circular.

  3. made another circle on the artboard, and beside it a much larger oval. And Overlapped the two objects.
    With these two shapes selected, I chose the Subtract from Shape Area option from the Pathfinder palette. And Chose to Expand to refresh the bounding box of the shape.
    placed the semi-circular shape within the head of the character then with the blob brush tool, gave him/her some dots for eyes
    with the torso and limbs selected, I chose the Add to Shape Area option from the Pathfinder tool and Expand to merge the shapes into one.
    filled the body with dark grey. Gave it a heavy black stroke
    added a new stroke of lighter grey to the inside of the entire character.
    then added a new fill for the peach color for the face.

  4. again, made changes to the stroke of the peach, inside, slightly darker than the fill then I copied/pasted original line character.
  5. Moving their limbs to create action. And that is all!
    I really enjoyed this tut. Not too long and not too short. Just right

No comments:

Post a Comment