Draplin vs.America

Trendy Geometric Lines Design

1. I Started the design in Illustrator, drew out some blocks, and filled them w/ my possible color schemes. Had a difficult time decieding which one I liked btter.
I quess, to make this easier, I will flip a coin. Heads for the one on the left, and tales for the right……drum role please……and its tails! So the one on the right it shall be.

2. created a New Art Brush based on the blocks w/ chosen color scheme.
3. after saving the brush in the Brushes Palette, I began drawing the geometric lines.

4. Using the Pen Tool, i drew a 45 degree line across the page, all the while, holding Shift to constrain the angle.

5. chose new art brush from the Brushes Palette and applied to the line
6. I Repeated this process several times, scaling each one slightly to give varied sizes and widths to work w/.
7. then I Produced another line with the Pen Tool, giving the line rounded corners by heading to Effect > Stylize > Round Corners w/ a radiuos of 55px.

8. combined and matched up the color to other lines.
9. repeating the same process, to create a longer curved line, this time changing the direction flow across the document crossing all other lines.
10. I then Selected the group of lines and Copied, switched over to Photoshop, setting up a new document, Pasted in the lines and scaled appropriately.
11. On the background layer fill the page with an accompanying colour, I use a 20% Yellow to give a pale tint.
12. adding a few effects onto copied layers, and changing the blending options this is what I have completed.

This one was a lengthy
tutorial. But, hell, did I learn a lot. Both in illustrator and photoshop.
http://www.webdesign.org/web/vector-graphics/adobe-illustrator/trendy-geometric-lines-design.15910.html

No comments:

Post a Comment