Draplin vs.America

Oops...image book!

So for our 5th and final assignment in art 120 we’re asked to create an image book that consist of an object-of our choice-then to produce that object with multiple variations (like 30+ times!!), using both technology and our ‘good-old-trusty’ hands and a variety of mediums.
When Kate introduced this assignment, I was elated. Oh, how I patiently waited to do an assignment that allowed me the freedom to see through the eyes of a child. “Make the image from whatever,” Kate says, about the handmade portion of the assignment. I felt like a Toy’R’us kid all over again, wide-eyed and all! I rate this assignment with Big-Snaps-in-Z-formation!
So, without further a-do…
…the One…
…the Only…
…El Hando de Gavin!

Process?!? Hmmm, an image for the book huh?…had some ideas-to some extent- about the genre of my image (my children’s art). I just had to find it amongst all the other drawings and artwork I saved over 6+ years.

The first treatments I created, were achieved with the use of Photoshop (or in some cases, illustrator);

COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGES!
Extract background/Created a new background for object/Combine a handmade treatment with a computer treatment.

Halftone

Super contrast / brightness
Blended two objects
Pop art

Totally deconstruct your image, transform tool explore
The next are hand created by yours truly, and her little-BIG helpers!
[p.s. Thank you kiddos, for helping mommy have a blast doing her homework]

HANDMADE:
Collage (cut out, ripped up, glued together hand images)

Chalk
3-D illustration-clay

Awe…bananas!

Moss is boss

Macaroni noodles, painted w/ color pigments
Is this a Star Trekie wave? Or is it just, plain Grrreat?

No comments:

Post a Comment