Draplin vs.America

Designing a Sleek Pencil Icon

I really thought this tut looked oddly fun, in a dangerous sort of way. Icon’s[purging gradients galore] are kind of like finding a fly in your tomato soup…you don’t dare ly consume it, even if it is free! J/k
Well…here I go…
1.created a new document
2.After selecting snap to grid/and show grid in the viewing options, using the Rectangle Tool,
I drew out a rectangle, no. really?

3.I used various different tools, such as the Pen Tool and the Rounded Rectangle Tool. to make the rest of the pencils shapes.

4.And onto coloring each shape.

5.now, using the colors as my guide, I added gradients to each of the shapes
6.End finished off by adding a little highlight effect to the top of the pencil, by making a two-point path across the top of the pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment